Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Imperfection

 Humans are the most complex and advanced creatures on Earth. Yet, we often hear terms like human error, imperfection, and emotional states such as depression, anxiety, stress, happiness, sadness, and anger. We are intelligent and conscious, sometimes so conscious that we overthink small things and forget to look on the bright side and truly live life. Questions like "Am I doing this correctly?" "What will others think?" "Am I going to die trying this?" and "Will this ever work?" constantly fill our minds, leading to negative thoughts. In our quest to find answers to these questions—which ultimately don't even matter—we waste precious time that will never return. As the well-known saying in Hindi goes, “Khaali Dimag Shaitan ka Ghar” (An empty mind is the devil's workshop).

Today, I am writing a small story that focuses on how imperfection is the very thing that makes us stand out and be different in a good way. Let me take you on the journey of Ziggy and Aria, who recently entered a long-distance relationship. They met online and fell in love. Ziggy is a working professional, while Aria is an undergraduate. During the first month, they talked throughout the day, sharing every single detail about their days. The relationship was new and exciting, and they had a lot to share. As time passed, things seemed to be going well. It's been six months now, and they've had the opportunity to meet each other twice. Aria, still in college, had quite a lot of free time and holidays. However, things were not the same for Ziggy. His workload had increased, and he started becoming busier. Despite this, their relationship remained strong, and they managed to make it work.

Now, let’s imagine how both of them are. Aria is a slim, brown girl with curly hair, a beautiful smile, and captivating eyes. She has insecurities about her complexion and her lean frame. Ziggy, on the other hand, is a stout guy with little to no facial hair but fair skin. He is self-conscious about his weight and lack of a beard. Despite this, he is mature and has a charming sense of humor. Aria also shares a good sense of humor and is an excellent basketball player. She always wanted to ask Ziggy why he chose her over others, feeling that she wasn't beautiful and didn't have a great figure. She feared that in the corporate world, Ziggy might find someone better and leave her. These questions plagued her because she was conscious and self-aware. Ziggy had similar thoughts, but he didn’t overthink them because he was certain he wanted to marry Aria. He knew she was the one.

Today is their first anniversary, and Aria is almost done with her graduation and has already secured a placement. However, her office is far from where Ziggy works. Aria worried that for the next two or three years, they wouldn't be able to meet often as both would be busy working. So, Aria asked Ziggy, "I am not that good-looking, I get angry, have lots of mood swings, and trouble you a lot. Still, why are you with me? There are lots of other options out there for you." Ziggy didn’t expect this question from her. He paused, looked at her, smiled, and asked, “You really want me to answer this?” Aria said, “Yes.”

Ziggy said, “There may be hundreds or thousands of beautiful girls out there, but my eyes only sparkle with joy when I see you. Seeing your radiant smile every time you look at me gives me the satisfaction of being with someone who loves me for who I am. You are not only stunning but also have a witty mind that harmonizes perfectly with mine. You soothe me whenever I have any misunderstandings. Whenever I feel low, you lift my spirits effortlessly. I am gentle and often indecisive, but you are sharp and strong, guiding me through confusion. You complete me in ways I never imagined. Your presence makes my flaws vanish.”

He gently took her hand, his eyes filled with love and sincerity. “Aria, you are my heart's desire. You are my light in the darkest times. You make me feel alive, cherished and understood. In a world full of uncertainties, you are my constant. I choose you, today and always because you are my perfect imperfection, and that’s what makes our bond unbreakable.”

As Ziggy's words sank in, tears welled up in Aria’s eyes. She felt an overwhelming surge of joy and love. She realized that their imperfections made their relationship unique and strong. Their love story wasn’t about finding perfection but about embracing each other’s flaws and growing together. Aria hugged Ziggy tightly, grateful for their imperfectly perfect love.

No comments:

Post a Comment